(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Determination

(the act of deciding definitely and firmly)

Mmmm . . . my first wind is waning. I haven't worked on the "black hole" all week. But, I am determined not to fail in my tasks. They are all achievable. (Is that right? . . . achievable? . . . that does not seem right . . . anyway)

Tonight I have determined ( I like that word -- determined -- it sounds strong, doesn't it?) to work for at least an hour on the "pit of despair." An hour is not that long. I can do it!

As for my bedroom -- still beautiful! -- my kitchen -- almost beautiful, just have some dishes to load in the dishwasher -- and the rest of my house, I have been keeping everything picked up and looking good. Yeah me! I do need to vacuum. My cat doesn't seem to be following the rules very well. She just drops hair wherever she likes and leaves it there for me to pick up. Crazy thing!

My spending resolution is going well. I have cut some of my spending and modified some of the other. Overall, I am seeing a change . . . not really in my lifestyle but my priorities.

My health resolution is going to be the hardest, I think. I have gotten up earlier than normal and done some exercise programs. I haven't walked to work much recently and I need to get back to doing this!

Okay, I am starting to get excited about this stuff again.

What's that?

I think I feel my second wind blowing in!

1 comment:

  1. I think you can give yourself a break with the walking to work, since the weather has been a bit cold.

    How about I send a couple kids your way. They love to make messes. I think that I have to sweep the floor at least once a day if not twice. I remember the days when I could do it once a week. Oh how I long to have a clean house again. It was so easy to have everything neat and organized.

    Stay determined:) You can get through the tough room of the house. When your cleaning just think about me and how when I clean the kids are right there behind me making a mess again:)

    Here's a good song to remember... "It will be worth it all...When we see Jesus" I just love the old hymns. They speak to the soul.

    ReplyDelete