(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, January 28, 2008

Breathe

Today I woke up and looked at the thermometer . . . 40 degrees. 40 degrees! The sun is shining and it is beautiful outside. Even though I know that the temperature will be dropping 40 degrees tomorrow, I'll take it. I'll take the breath. The refreshing day that speaks of hope for spring.

I have found that there are times in my life where I can take a breath. Times when nothing horrible or tramatic happens nor when anything exciting or dramatic happens. It may be a day, a week, a year. Some time frame in which the events in my life are not overwhelming. I can reflect on the past -- what has brought me to this point. I can plan for the future -- where I want to go from here.

I can revel in the hope and reflect on the blessings.

So Chris . . . breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment