(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, October 6, 2008

Thinkin' about my resolutions

Remember these? I thought I should evaluate -- see just what I have accomplished so far and what changes I still need to make.

  1. Finances: I think I have been doing a fairly good job with this one. I think there can still be some improvement. So far I have: eliminated my book buying budget (this has been difficult but I have been sticking to it); cutting my grocery/household expenses by making my own laundry detergent and bread, I have also been getting milk from the farm instead of buying it; watching my entertainment spending.

  2. Household: Although I haven't kept up a daily schedule, I have been keeping to a weekly or bi-monthly schedule. I have to say I am fairly happy with this so far.

  3. Health: I haven't been walking as much as I would like but I have been monitoring my eating habits (except for this evening -- there is a reason I rarely buy ice cream).

  4. Spiritual life: This is the area I want to focus on the rest of the year. More on this one later . . .

  5. Appreciation: I have been working on this one. One thing I did recently is purchase some thank you cards. I have plans to write notes to some people in my life that I especially appreciate.
Three out of five so far. And the year is 4/5ths over. Not too bad. I already have gotten farther than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment