(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, October 27, 2008

Here comes winter

We had flurries and sleet here yesterday.

Can you believe it? Flurries and sleet.

Granted, it wasn't a measurable amount but it dusted the grass.

And it was cold enough that my car still had some on the hood this morning when I left for work.

I don't think I'm quite ready for winter to be here.


I am ready for . . .

hot cocoa

kitties that warm my feet

hot tea

kitties that cuddle

the end of lawn mowing season
(although this leads to snow shoveling season which I am NOT ready for)

Christmas :-)


There will be some things I miss (until next summer) . . .

the smell of freshly mown grass
(I know that sounds slightly demented due to my previous statements but it's the truth)

being able to step outside without a jacket, parka or snowsuit

a warm breeze blowing through my window



So I guess I'll be trading one set of joys for another. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment