(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A spot of the blahs

I have run into a bit of the writer's block. (Look at that -- makes me feel important. Don't all great writers have writer's block now and then? *sarcasm*)

So I thought I would share a little about some of the sites I visit (some via Google reader) each day.

  • All of my "Blogging Favorites" (see the my list to the left of this post) I subscribe to -- not all have a daily post but I read the posts as they come in.

  • For a little humor in my day I read the daily Calvin & Hobbes comic (my all-time favorite comic strip!) and Unshelved (I recently discovered this library comic strip).

  • Cake Wrecks is quite humorous but it is one of the food blogs I read -- professionally made cakes that don't look so professional. I also read Simply Recipes and Smitten Kitchen both have some great (and unique) recipes. Or if you're not a cook some photos that will make your mouth water!

  • A couple of my favorite book blogs: 1) Christian Children's Book Review -- these reviews are great! The reviewers are very specific as to what they like and dislike about the book and they have their own little reviewers -- their children! 2) 5 Minutes for Books -- a quick book review for all kinds of books by book lovers!

  • I also like to read Overheard in New York simply because the sister lives there -- I like to keep up on current events. (HeeHee -- I can see the sister reading this and rolling her eyes so hard she falls off her chair.) I probably should insert a little disclaimer on behalf of the sister -- 1) She in no way claims to have made any comment with near the stupidity of the comments overheard in NY 2) By no means should the comments overheard in NY reflect all citizens of NY (or tourists) thereby and forthwith. Honestly, the comments "overheard" are rarely humorous to me (but when they are funny, they really are) and usually either make me roll my eyes or want to cry.

  • I peruse through some news sites -- I like Yahoo News, Drudge Report, Fark.

  • And finally for a little education: Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day -- cause you never know when a word will come in handy.
Someone recently asked me how I found blogs to read -- I really have no one way. Mostly I click on links in articles or posts I read, or Blog rolls on blogs I read, or Links on blogs I read, or links on sites I visit, etc. You could try visiting a blog award sites (like the Bloggies or Blogger's Choice Awards) for some blog suggestions.

(Wow, I guess I had more to say today than I thought.)

No comments:

Post a Comment