(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weekend recap part 3: the show

Saturday, I headed over to the NEIQG Quilt Show. The quilters in this guild can enter any and all quilts they would like. They do require the quilts be completed and have never been shown in this show before.

These are some of the wall quilts.


All viewers have the opportunity to vote for their favorite wall or small quilt and their favorite large quilt.

This was my small quilt choice. I like to choose among the quilts that didn't get an award already. I really like the 4-patch pattern and color choices in this quilt.


I liked this pattern too. I wasn't thrilled with the background choice but I love the stained glass effect.


And then an appliqued dragonfly, ladybug, and butterfly.


This was the grand poo-bah of the show. It won first place in it's division and was the best of show.

I liked this one too. It was all hand-quilted . . .


Look at those stitches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment