(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Whoa ..... nellie!

I have been watching Ace of Cakes on the Food Network lately. If you don't know what that is, it is a 1/2 hour show following the cake-making hijinx of a company in Baltimore, MD. They make cakes in all shapes and sizes.

Anyway, that combined with my cooking kick, I came up with a brilliant brainstorm: why don't I make some fun, fancy cakes!

I checked out a couple cake-making and decorating books from the library. And found out exactly why I don't make some fun, fancy cakes!

It is a lot harder than they make it look on the television show. I have decided to hold off on this endeavor -- not that it would be fun to try -- until I have completed some of the other projects I have started.

1 comment:

  1. So what is with you getting all this spam comments on your blog?? Anyway I love to watch that show as well. It's amazing what they can do. Gabe's B-day is coming up here on May 16th, so I can a cake adventure to take. I haven't really thought what I would like to do. I am thinking some type of Elmo cake. Well good luck in your cooking. Maybe the next time I come home you can try out your cooking skills on me and the kids. Well have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete