(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, April 14, 2008

Food fodder

My attempts at being a chef seem to come and go. It is probably good that I am not a terribly picky eater. I can "feast" on sandwiches and cereal for months before I get an itch to make chicken dinners or some other equally time intensive meal.

This phenomenon seems to relate to the fact that I haven't completely mastered cooking for one. Which leads to the problem of too many leftovers and not enough stomach!

I have decided to address the cooking for one issue by using my freezer more. And not for frozen pizza either! My post tomorrow -- if I can remember to load the photos onto my computer -- will show you my first step.

I am also going to be getting some garden produce this summer. I talked to my mom about what she is planting in her garden and I am going to add a couple things. So hopefully I will have some canned and frozen goods next year!

2 comments:

  1. The first step wouldn't be ....Gasp...cleaning out the freezer would it??????

    ReplyDelete