(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spaghetti Leftovers

So the other day I was in the mood for some home cooking, rather than cereal or sandwiches, and I got out some pans and made myself some spaghetti.

The problem I have with home cooking is I cannot eat it all by myself. So I decide to get a little creative.

After supper, I looked at the pan of spaghetti sauce, less what I used, and decided to freeze it for later use.


I scooped the sauce out in individual portion sizes.


And put each scoop into a pile on a cookie sheet covered in waxed paper.

I only had about one serving left over after doing this and I put that into a container to eat for supper the next evening.



Once the cookie sheet was full, I rearranged my freezer so I could fit the cookie sheet in and keep it level.


I left the cookie sheet in overnight, but I could have taken it out as soon as the spaghetti sauce mounds were frozen enough to stay together when I removed them from the pan.

The next day, I labeled and dated two quart-sized freezer bags.


Then I pulled the frozen spaghetti mounds out of the freezer.



Scooped them off the cookie sheet and put three of them into each freezer bag. Now I have quick and easy meals for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment