(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sleepless in Iowa

I have rarely have trouble sleeping. I can sleep in, I can take naps, and I usually fall asleep within minutes of shutting off my light. (I know, I'm blessed!)

The past week I have had some problems. Mostly, I believe, because I had a cold. I was coughing myself to sleep -- a very difficult thing to do. But the past few days I have been almost healthy. Healthy enough that my cold should not factor into my sleeplessness.

I don't know if I have things on my mind? Or maybe I am not getting enough exercise? Or my body desperately wants it to be spring? But I have had a hard time falling asleep.

At least until last night. Last night I slept for 10 hours straight -- and I fell back into my routine of falling asleep minutes after turning off my light.

The true test will be if it happens again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment