(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blogs & Labels

I was just editing my blog labels. I was eliminating some, combining others.

I am so glad our lives are not limited to labels. I would have a weird and unbalanced life. Granted I don't have a PERFECT life -- no one does. However, if someone was to judge my life simply by the labels I have applied to my posts . . .

In fact, you probably wouldn't be able to know me well simply from my posts. I by no means blog about every aspect of my life.

I am a very private person. Which is kind of ironic considering that I blog every day of the week.

I have journaled most of my life but not in consistent way. I started blogging 1)to force myself to be accountable for journaling on a regular basis 2)to develop my writing skills -- which have become lax since my college days 3)to focus on the blessings in my life 4)to let my family & friends know what is going on in my life.

So far I think I have kept to all four reasons, although I am not one to judge whether or not my writing skills have improved or gotten worse :-) and I feel like there are some days that I cannot see one blessing (I like to think those are the days I make a mess of my blessings!).

I have to say I am proud of myself for posting every day and I am rooting for myself to continue on!

No comments:

Post a Comment