(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Redecorating

Hmm . . . a little redecorating of the blogsite to day. Not sure if I like the colors yet. I do like the layout better though.

What's life without a little change now and then? Quite boring, I would say. Although as human beings, we tend to resist change.

Personally, I put off making decisions as long a possible. I seem to believe that making a decision is a portent to change and change is bad. However, I find that most of the changes (decisions) I have made in my life have lead to better things.

(I say most because I have made bad choices leading to bad changes.)

So my goal should be to try to remember a little change is good. And go from there.

In a lighter look at the subject of change:

Since I began working at the library, my weather small talk skills have been put to the test. I have noticed that most people, myself included, complain that the weather isn't to their liking:

"It's really hot out there today, I can't wait till it cools off."
"It's been pouring out, I can't do much in my garden."
"Can you believe how cold it is? I wish it was July!"
"I has been so dry, we could really use some rain."

Of course we aren't happy with what we have, we want it to change. When it does change, we want what we had.

Of course, we could just be fickle-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment