(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blech . . .

Today was a catch-up day. Mostly catching up on things I put off as long as possible because I dislike them so much.

Mowing my lawn. I don't really hate doing this but by this time in the summer I am ready for it to stop growing. Because of all the rain we have been getting, it does nothing but grow. Fortunately, the sun came out this afternoon so I was able to mow.

Cleaning out my refrigerator. One thing I miss about childhood is leftover night. Every week or so mom would pull out all the leftovers in the refrigerator and we could pick and choose. Like a mini "Old Country Buffet." I don't necessarily miss it for the buffet aspect but more for the "ah, all the leftovers are being eaten so they won't be left in the refrigerator until they start growing mold" aspect. Yeah, that would be my refrigerator earlier this evening. I try to clean it out on Wednesday evenings because trash day is on Thursdays -- eliminates the odor problem. So tonight I cleaned out my refrigerator. Blech. On the plus side I found out where a lot of my dishes had "disappeared" to!

Dishes. I don't know why but this is my most dreaded household chore. Honestly, I could understand if I didn't have a dishwasher but I do. I really only have to load the dishes into the dishwasher and turn it on. What's to dread about that? Sometimes I wonder about myself.

Thankfully, my most dreaded chores are done for now and I won't have to worry about them for at least a couple days.

You should see all the room I have in my refrigerator . . . !

No comments:

Post a Comment