(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The hardest time

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. (Col. 1:16)

What a blessing to know we have a purpose. What a blessing to know that the people we encounter everyday have a purpose.

One of the things I struggle with is dealing with annoying people. You know, those people you wish you had made it through the day without encountering. The ones who believe they deserve a little bit more, or are a little bit more, or want to be a little bit more than everyone else.

My patience runs thin with those people and I tend not to give my full attention or best service to them, often without really thinking about it. I am trying to be more focused during these situations and put my best foot forward for them, for me, and for God.

For by Him all things were created . . . including the "person you have the hardest time liking." (See today's Ponderables).

No comments:

Post a Comment