(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Daily pleasures and fuzzy photography

The rhythms of life are comforting. They are stability in an unstable world. I can count on a new family moving into the one of the apartments next door at least every six months. I can always count on my neighbor mowing his lawn a day before I do. (Except this week he had to wait a day because of rain. This is a different kind of joy altogether -- finally I caught up to him in yard work!)

One of my most pleasurable 'rhythms' is an older gentleman walking his dog. It never fails - he walks his dog everyday usually around 4pm. Winter, summer, with threat of rain or during beautiful weather. Recently, I noticed a slight alteration. An added pet.

At first, I thought it was just a coincidence but every day the gentleman and his dog walked by my house . . . with cat trailing after. ( Sorry if the picture is a little fuzzy -- blame the photograper!)

This is one of my daily pleasures. It always brings a smile to my face!

2 comments:

  1. I like this background better because it is easier to read. The black background and color letters was a bit hard to read.
    Will the rain ever so??? My parents got flooded out.

    ReplyDelete