(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Conference

Today (and tomorrow) I am at a cataloging conference -- 13 hours of in depth learning about the Dewey Decimal and the MARC record systems. Slightly mind numbing. Hopefully, numbness means absorption or I'm in big trouble.

I do get to stay in a hotel overnight. Unfortunately, I have to stay in this horrible room with a spa/tub.This photo is taken looking into the room through the window between the spa/bathroom & the bedroom area. I know, horrible isn't it. Notice I am in this photo . . . yeah that's me in the rear. I used the self-timer on my camera. The first time! Yeah! Well, actually it took me a couple tries to get it set the time right and a couple more tries to get it to actually take the photo. But still . . .


This is the rest of the room. You can't see the mess I have made by the door . . . a chaos of luggage and assorted totes. Nor can you see the pile of shoes and socks on the other side of the bed.

Meanwhile . . . I'm filling my spa . . . man, it takes a lot of water . . . I may be here for a while.

But I will be ready for more numbness tomorrow!!!

Ooh, gotta go . . . it's almost full!

2 comments:

  1. So where is this conference at??? I bet it's nice to get away even though it might not be the most exciting conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conference was in Mason City.

    ReplyDelete