(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, August 13, 2007

Ahhh . . . stress out!

I enjoy going to new places. And I really enjoy visiting family. But I honestly despise the actual travel part.

First, you have to have a plan (something I tend to avoid, if at all possible) to get there. Which means planning a route, or in my case purchasing plane tickets. This entails finding tickets I can afford from an airport near enough to get a ride to. Then making sure the itinerary is practical -- for example NOT arriving at 1 a.m. after a traveling for 10 hours. This is much more difficult than you might imagine.

This time I travel I am renting a car. Which surprisingly enough was not as painful as I imagined. The hardest part will be paying for it.

Despite the above mentioned headache, I am excited about the actual trip. I am flying to the Orlando area in October to visit my brother (yea!). I have never been to Florida so that will be . . . fun . . . new . . . interesting.

But the big bonus will be that I get to see my brother (yea!). I haven't been to visit him since he moved down there in May of 2006. The excitement grows!!!

In the meantime, I could really use that spa . . .

2 comments:

  1. You would think that your brother(Yea!) is your favorite or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, not favorite. if i was going to New York it would be sister(yea!)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete