(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Definitely not weeds

Yesterday's post made me a little sad. I mean I can't even keep the weeds out of my yard! I should say "don't" because I could if I really really wanted to. If I wanted to go out and pull weeds after I get home from work at 8 pm. Or if I wanted to get up earlier in the morning and do it before my workday started. It is my own choice so I should deal with it.

I do have the ability to garden . . . a little anyway. Thusly illustrated by these beautiful photographs.













True they are indoor plants, therefore no weeds. However, I do need to water them and make sure they get enough light. It also helps to keep troublesome cats from chewing on the leaves. (I think most of the holes are gone now . . .)

And I do know of people (who will remain nameless) who have killed plants similar to these.

I have to say that when I come home and look at these plants my spirits lift a little bit.

Especially after walking past all those weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment