(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Friday, August 1, 2008

5 of my favorite artists or paintings

1. Self-portrait by Albrecht Durer

Albrecht Durer was a German artist from the 15th century. He painted, created woodcut prints, and did some engraving.




2. The Bookworm by Carl Spitzweg

I don't know much about this artist. I read a blog entry on mental_floss about it and I really liked this painting!




3. Lands of Enchantment by Norman Rockwell

I have always like Norman Rockwell. I love most of his portraits of Americana. It took me a while to choose one to post here!





4. The Musicians by Caravaggio

I couldn't find the painting I was looking fore but I like this one too. I really like some of the Baroque artists. I like their use of light. I don't know why . . . I just do.




5. Lewis and Clark Expedition by Charles M. Russell

I like Western artists like Charles Russell's themes. (Frederic Remington is another popular Western artist.)


No comments:

Post a Comment