(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Olympics

I've been watching the Olympic games the last couple of days. It is amazing the dedication and commitment these athletes give to their respective sports. I truly admire the strength and talent they show.

I really enjoy watching the games. I like cheering on the athletes. I have this habit of cheering for the underdog, whoever that may be. (I think this habit drives the brother & the sister crazy!) But I figure everyone needs cheering on (up) every once in a while.

I haven't cried yet which is a plus -- I can hear all the eye rolls (even from NYC). I will admit I did tear up a bit a couple times. :-)

3 comments:

  1. No - you don't cheer for the underdog....you cheer for the cutest one - that's what drives us insane:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not always! Mostly the underdog -- sometimes that happens to be the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, man - you cry watching the Olympics too? What don't you tear up about?? :)

    ReplyDelete