(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympics-mania

I just finished watching one Iowan win the gold and one Iowan's golden dreams slip through her fingers. Granted there are close to 3 million people living in Iowan and don't know either of these Iowans personally but I think the fact they are from my state makes watching the Olympics a little more personal.

I have been watching the games almost every evening since they started. I have had the television on in the background as I go about my routine. I have my favorites: gymnastics, diving, swimming. And a few that I find interesting: beach volleyball, trampoline, discus, pole vault.

I have to admire the talent and dedication these athletes have. I have no sporting ability whatsoever and these athletes . . . amazing.

Humbling . . .

3 comments:

  1. I never knew that 3 million people live in Iowan..... hehe you need a proofreader:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... and the first Iowan....she gets the distinct honor of being made out of Butter!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete