(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Book-aholic

I was reminded today that I have an addiction to books. When I read this post, I thought "that's me." I have a compulsion to buy books when I step into bookstores. I have stacks of books I haven't read yet -- I'm waiting for a rainy day, of course -- and books I just can't wait to read that I just have to buy.

But I am trying to change my ways.

I have been 'weeding' my book collection. I am trying to even exchange my books. If I buy or receive one I try to sell or give on away. In fact, just this morning I was looking at my bookshelf thinking I needed to pull some of my books.

I have also been using Bookins to swap my books. This is a much cheaper alternative to purchasing books -- even though I may have to wait a few months longer.

And of course I use the library. I do have easy access! :-)

One thing I will have to finish this year is the commitment I have to purchase books from the book club I joined. I only have one book yet to purchase on that commitment and then I will discontinue the membership.

I do know that I have spent a whole lot less this year on books than I did last year.

60 percent less. Not too bad I'm thinking. And next year maybe 60 percent less than this year?

I could make that my New Year's Resolution!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously funny stuff - http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete