(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stumped and stupefied

Hah, I just wanted to use those words! Especially stupefied -- it's like a fancy word for stupid.

Anyway . . . I was stumped today. A patron was going on vacation (to Mexico) and she wanted me to suggest a good beach read.

Me . . . who has practically read the entire library collection . . . to suggest a good book to read at the beach. I have to say I totally blanked out. I think it was the term "beach read" that threw me off. Looking back I probably should have gotten a little more information. But how do you define a beach read. Think about it I would say something light and fluffy and fun.

Hmm . . .

My stupid thing. Facebook is addicting. A-D-D-I-C-T-I-N-G. Originally I signed up for an account so that I would be familiar with the site that the kids at the library were visiting constantly. Then my college alumni association created a group -- so of course I had to join that.

Now I find myself jumping over to the site for no good reason. Apparently, I have a problem.

(Does it count that I visited it to create a link for this page? I'm gonna say no ::shaking head:: pathetic aren't I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment