(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

So Valentine's Day -- the day we celebrate love.

For singles, though it is something else altogether.
  • It's a reminder that we do not have someone to come home to at after a bad day and complain without fear.
  • A reminder that we don't have someone to share the hardships and celebrations of life.
  • A reminder that we won't be getting a sweet little note today about how much we are appreciated.
For many singles, that is what Valentine's Day is. For me, I am going to try to think of it as:

  • A reminder that I don't have anyone to consult with before I do something I really want to do.
  • A reminder I don't have anyone I need to pick up after.
  • A reminder I don't have to watch where I'm sitting before I use the bathroom.
  • A reminder I don't have to share the Oreo cookies!
But more than that I can remember that I do have people in this world that I love and that love me. So that will be my focus this Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment