(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bowlarama

On Sunday, our church had a bowling party for the Youth Group (7th - 12th grades) and the Adults. We had about 23 bowlers.

(I use the term bowlers very loosely here.) :-)

I think everyone had a lot of fun. I did anyway. We bowled three games. The first game was straight bowling. The second was nine-pin. This means if you get nine pins down on your first throw -- you get a strike.

I did better on the nine-pin than the straight bowling. I'm not sure if this was because I had practiced 10 frames prior to this game or if the nine-pin thing helped me.

The last game was the hardest. It was low-score. This means you want to get the least amount of pins down without getting a gutter ball. Gutters equal strikes and/or spares and strikes and spares equal strikes and spares. Needless to say, I bowled my highest score on the last game.

Despite the fact that I am a poor bowler I had a lot of fun. And it was inexpensive fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment