(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dodged a bullet

Needless anticipation. ::Sigh::

I wasted all that effort yesterday worrying about a snow/freezing rain storm that by-passed us completely. Now if I lived about 100 miles to the south I would be telling a different story right now. Either way the worry was needless. I couldn't change the outcome. Despite any latent childhood dream to be about to control the weather, I have not yet developed that talent. :-)

I would have had to deal with results of the storm just as I am dealing with the beauty of the sun shining. Well, not exactly the same. The storm results would have lead to excessive complaining and sore shoveling arms.

I don't think I am an excessive worrier. Which is a miracle considering some of the genes I inherited. But I still worry sometimes. I think that is one of the things I should try to work on.

Now . . . how exactly should I go about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment