(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kids . . . gotta love 'em!

What is it about kids? They seem to exude enthusiasm. It just flows out their pores. Do you even remember a time when you exuded enthusiasm? It seems eons ago for me. I could play nonstop for days running, jumping, etc. Now I seem to have to get myself a pep talk just to create a tenth of the enthusiasm I saw tonight.

Rare is the time that I interact with kids and don't smile. Smiling seems to pump up my enthusiasm factor (I wonder if that can be scientifically proven -- the ratio between smiling and enthusiasm -- hunh, anyway).

Tonight we had almost 50 kids (and some parents) between the ages of 5 and 12 at a church fair. It was kick off night for Awana. Wow, was it fun! I got to greet the smiling faces of many of the kids I got to know last year and meet some new ones. Plus I got to eat one of my favorite foods -- ice cream.

The event was to get the kids (and parents) excited for a new year -- I think I am more excited now than I was just three hours ago!

Hmm . . . this excitement may wane as the year goes on but I think there could be something to this theory of smiling creating enthusiasm -- I will have to work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment