(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just the beginning . . .

It seems like only yesterday I was sprawled on the living room couch trying not to touch anything lest I absorb any heat the object I touched -- including the air surrounding me. Holding out until the last possible minute (before it felt as if I would spontaneously combust) before I turned on my air conditioning.

Now I am huddled on my couch in sweats trying to deny the fact that I really want to pull the quilt sitting next to my shoulder over me and cuddle under it until I start to sweat.

::sigh::

Fall is here. And I'm sure there will be some more warm days yet but the nights have gotten colder and the days are getting shorter. I no longer come home from work to see the sunset. I have to turn the lights on as I walk in the door or risk tripping over the cat (you don't want a cat angry with you -- I drives you crazy waiting for them to finish punishing you!).

I do like some things about fall:
  • I like that it is the end of stifling hot, humid days.
  • I like the smell of fallen leaves.
  • And the sound they make when you walk through them.
  • I like Thanksgiving - family and food.
  • I like that we are that much closer to my favorite holiday -- Christmas!
  • I like football season -- I don't paint my face blue (or purple or red) or have any weird rituals but I do like it.
  • I like that the pounding bass from passing vehicles doesn't sound so loud -- as both our windows are now closed . . .
  • This fall I like that I am taking a weekend to visit friends and a week to visit my brother (he is in FLORIDA -- bet I won't need a quilt there!)
  • I like that Cleo is much more cuddly -- cats need warmth too!
This is just the beginning of my list and of fall . . . Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment