(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Have you ever . . .

Have you ever thought I wish I was anywhere but here? Or, I don't know how I can possibly contribute anything the way I feel right now?

That was me tonight. I had a monstrous headache all evening and I didn't think that I could possibly be patient enough or attentive enough or simply enough.

It is amazing how God can be more than enough. I think last night will go down as one of my best Awana nights all year. All my kids passed sections without getting frustrated. In fact two of them asked if they could recite verses rather than play games -- I don't think that has ever happened to me before! The kids had a great time in game time. Council time went better than I expected.

I can honestly say at 6:45 p.m. I didn't think I would enjoy the evening -- I couldn't have been more wrong.

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. II Corinthians 12:9 (emphasis mine)
What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment