(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, May 1, 2008

You look like a monkey . . .

  • 301 years ago today the Kindgom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland became the Kingdom of Great Britain.
  • 222 years ago today was opening night of the opera The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart in Vienna, Austria.
  • 145 years ago today the Battle of Chancellorsville (Civil War) begins.
  • 115 years ago today the World's Columbian Exposition opens in Chicago.
  • 77 years ago today The Empire State Building is dedicated in New York City.
  • 63 years ago today a German newsreader officially announces that Adolf Hitler has "fallen at his command post".
  • 52 years ago today the the polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk is made available to the public.
  • 30 years ago today the first unsolicited bulk commercial e-mail (aka "spam") is sent.
  • 27 years ago today the sister was born.

Despite the fact that I am sure I wasn't entirely happy about it at the time, I have completely gotten over that and know that I would be lost without her today.

Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Got the box - Thanks!!!! I think Phil has intent on stealing it (as he cuddled it and said "oooh it's soo soft") but I won't let that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that I'm THE sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil's birthday isn't til August . . .

    ReplyDelete