(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Friday, May 16, 2008

5 things

This weekend is graduation weekend. I thought in honor of graduation I would try to come up with 5 little pieces of advice for the graduate. You know kind of sum up all the knowledge I have acquired in the mmm mmm years since I graduated. :-P

5 bits of advice for the high school graduate:

1. Realize in the real world people aren't all that different from your classmates. You will have the clowns, the brains, the snobs, etc. You have to make a choice on how to interact with the people around you.

2. People respond better to a polite person than to a rude one.

3. Save. Save. Save. Your money! and watch what you are spending. Trust me in 10 years you will thank me.

4. Don't be afraid to ask questions -- despite possibly feeling uncomfortable -- that's the best way to learn and it is easier than fixing your mistakes!

5. Don't try to be the same person you were in high school. We are suppose to change and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment