(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, January 5, 2009

Well, it's winter

For some reason, it seems that as soon as the holiday season is over winter should be too.

Unfortunately that is not the case. This past weekend brought frigorific weather and freezing rain. Yesterday morning I woke to an ice skating rink rather than a driveway.

Thankfully I walk to church -- I don't think I would have made it if I had to drive. Walking posed enough of a problem as it was. I basically slid down my driveway and walked in the snowbank to the corner. I decided to take my chances walking in the street the rest of the way.

I continue to remind myself that spring is just around the corner. And I am thankful that "God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth'; and it was so.[emphasis mine] Genesis 1:14-15

In the mean time, I am glad I have a fat cat laying on my lap and keeping me warm!




Word of the week: frigorific

No comments:

Post a Comment