(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Day

My co-worker came back from lunch today saying she it was snowing so hard that she had trouble driving across town. That along with the weather forecast forced the decision to close the library early today. I acquiesced to this decision quite readily even though I usually don't mind the weather -- I only live six blocks from work.

It is still snowing . . . and starting to blow.

Plus it is getting colder.

When is spring again?




Word of the week: acquiesced

2 comments:

  1. I think you should def apply - http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice -- I couldn't get to the application link . . . bummer!

    ReplyDelete