(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mmm . . .

I have been thinking about technology a lot lately. When I was a kid we had a Texas Instruments computer that connected to a television. We used it for games mostly. I think in sixth grade the students who finished their work were allowed to use the computer to play Oregon Trail -- loaded from an actual floppy, floppy disk.

My typing class was taught on typewriters -- granted they were electric but still.

I didn't have e-mail until college. A cell phone a year or two after I graduated from college. I rarely send text messages. I don't have a mp3 player (although this is on my wishlist).

It seems to me that kids with cell phones get younger and younger. And I'm sure a lot of preschoolers know as much or more than I do about computers.

It is mind-boggling to me what the next technological step might be . . .

2 comments: