(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ready for the weekend . . . I think

It is crazy how busy this time of year is. I have a lot on my plate this year and it seems as if something is always buzzing in my brain.

Either I'm singing through the songs for the upcoming cantata, or I'm planning the direction of the children's program, or I'm running through my schedule for the next couple weeks. My brain seems to always be a couple steps ahead of the rest of me.

I'm not sure I will catch up to it either! :-)

On to other more impressive feats: I have complete my snow shoveling (at least until this weekend when it is supposed to RAIN and then snow some more).

Yes, yes, it only took me three and a half hours over three days to complete. And towards the end of my shoveling stint, when it seemed my body might revolt and fall exhausted to the snow covered driveway -- a kindly neighbor boy (with a shovel) helped to make the last LONG 5 minutes seem a little bit shorter.

I properly rewarded him with peanut butter cups.





(1) Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth. (2) This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. (3) And everyone was on his way to register for the census, each to his own city. (Luke 2:1-3)



Census of Quirinius : The Virgin and St. Joseph register for the census before Governor Quirinius. Byzantine mosaic c. 1315

No comments:

Post a Comment