(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm so excited . . .

Tonight was the first night of Awana. We had a "Registration Fair" which is basically carnival games and parents filling out permission forms/paying for books, etc.

I am so glad that Awana is starting up again. I enjoy seeing these kids -- they amaze me. I learn so much from them; I can only hope they learn half as much from me.

I manned the clothes pin drop booth. I had 5 clothes pins that each player tried to drop two feet into a milk bottle. It was so cute seeing some of the littlest ones figuring out how to do it. Some of the kids were great at it!

Everyone got prizes of course. And treats -- koolaid, cupcakes, and cookies -- you can't go wrong with that!

Next week we will begin our regular schedule -- games, handbook time, and a lesson.

I'm so excited . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment