(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, December 31, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new

So here we are. The last day of the year 2007. As I sit here I am thinking, "This year went by so fast, what did I do during it?"

As to the first, I am told by my elders to expect the years to spin faster as I get older. This sage advice concerns me as I try to answer the second. What did I do this year?
  • Traveled to TX to visit family with my mom.
  • Helped my grandparents pack for their move from the home they lived in for 30+ years.
  • Quit one of my jobs.
  • Looked for another job . . . didn't find one.
  • Visited the brother in FL.
Those are the highlights anyway. I am hoping that the time in between was filled with worthwhile exploits and a little bit of fun.

All this thinking (besides tiring my brain!) has caused me to contemplate my new year resolutions. I have made resolutions in the past that have been so ridiculous that I could never attain them. So as I continue to contemplate my resolutions I have some goals: 1) Resolutions that are attainable 2) Resolutions that will cause me to grow spiritually, emotionally, and personally.

Back to thinking . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment