(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, December 6, 2007

No pain, no gain

I'm not one for confrontations.

I get all tense inside, worry about what to say and how to say it.

Confrontations are even harder when the one you are confronting is sensitive. You want to make your point without dashing their emotions to pieces.

Today at work I had to have one of these confrontations. I almost let it slide. It's always easier to claim ignorance, right? ::Sigh:: Just not ever right. And that leads to a whole slew of other issues.

Anyway, a situation occurred and I prayed for the right words and timing to address it. Funny thing about prayer, it is usually answered. The right time came and the right words fell out of my mouth. I say fell because until they actually came out, I didn't know I was going to say them.

The result: all parties were satisfied with the least amount of pain . . . I think. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment