(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Here a sniffle, there a sniffle, everywhere a sniffle, sniffle

Ah, so as I take a deep breath through my nose, I am thankful today to be on the other side of a cold. The side where I don't have to breathe through my mouth or have a kleenex constantly in my hand or don't feel like my brain has turned into a cotton ball.

I woke up on Saturday with a scratchy throat. I wonder if I acted differently at work? I'm not sure but I felt like I avoided conversation and smiling because it irritated my throat. I sniffled and coughed through church on Sunday and dozed most of the afternoon.

Monday I felt well enough to shovel -- it was sunny out so that helped a lot! Of course it snowed again today so I will have to go out again. Gotta love winter!

Today, I was able to breath through my nose, yeah! And I have been able to habitate rooms without boxes of kleenex in them! Making progress!

My goal is to be over this cold by Friday when the sister comes back to Iowa for Christmas. Because 1) I do not want to infect my family 2) having a cold during the holidays is not fun.

2 comments:

  1. I've been fighting off a cold the last couple of days. It has made me extra tired. Today the noise is a bit stuffed up. I just hope it does not get to bad.
    So you have Christmas this coming weekend. I can't believe how fast it is coming and I am starting to feel less ready and am lacking the energy to get ready with being pregnant and all.
    I am so ready to have this baby soon. I feel like I am a old women the way my body aches. Those women out there who love pregnancy are crazy.
    You will have to tell us more about your camera and the setting you used to get that good picture of your Christmas tree.
    Take care!
    Your Friend,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling irritated your throat?? Wow must have been bad - you better not give it to me! You can save it for Ben.

    ReplyDelete