(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, December 3, 2007

Did I say that?

On Friday, I mentioned something about liking snow. I was extolling the gentle snow, the quiet it brought.

On Saturday we got the snow I don't particularly care for: the sleeting, no wait snowing, sleeting again? kind.

I was scheduled to work at the library for a couple hours in the afternoon and in the morning I planned to work at church. I knew that if I drove to work I would never get my car back in the driveway. So I packed a lunch and my change of shoes and walked to church to work for a couple hours. Then at 12:30 I walked to the library.

Not the easiest of feats as there was a good three inches of wet snow on the ground. But I did make it there before it started sleeting!

The way home was not so nice. I was walked into the sleety wind (or windy sleet?). Either way it was cold!!

Sunday, I went nowhere -- church was canceled due to the road conditions. So I slept in and did some things around the house (like make cookies -- mmmm). I liked this part. If I never had to go anywhere I would love this weather!

And I am getting exercise walking to and from work -- due to the fact that my car is snowed in.

I did attempt to shovel Sunday -- attempt being the key word as it is very, very difficult to shovel four inches of snow with an inch of ice on top.

Here is my driveway today:


Notice the pits that seem to be covered with snow? Those are my footprints from Saturday. You can't even see where I walked today because I walked on top of the snow/ice. On the left you'll notice the gravel-like substance where tossed ice melt. It kind of worked. I fell through when I walked on it tonight so the ice melt must be doing something.

It's a little sad for me to think about but the brother is experiencing 70s today -- in Florida.

We're supposed to get more snow here tomorrow.

I hope it is the gently falling, quiet kind . . .

3 comments:

  1. I will have to agree this was not the best snow fall. We didn't make it to church on Sunday, but I had a baby shower to go to in the afternoon, so Brandon had to shovel the drive way. Luckily the cars took up a good park of the driveway, but with the snow plows clearing the streets they leave a good amount at the end of the drive way, which is not fun to try and clear.
    It looks like the cold weather is hear to stay and more snow on the way. Stay warm:)

    ReplyDelete