I created the list on Sunday evening (or sometimes even before that) to be started Monday. As I completed each item I checked it off the list.
- helps to keep me focused on things that need to be done
- helps me to see how much I have accomplished during the week -- this is a benefit I didn't count I
- helps me plan out my week and the days in it
- helps me to get tasks done
- helps keep procrastination to a minimum (who me, procrastinate?) :-D
My to do list has been very helpful. Last week I missed updating on Sunday -- it really threw off my entire week. Now I am playing catch up. And I only have a day to do it. Argh.