(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It comes and goes

I get cleaning/organizing moods. When I get one of these moods I go at cleaning and organizing like there is no tomorrow: dishes get washed (mostly by the dishwasher), laundry gets done, clutter is put away, closets are sorted.

Unfortunately, there is a tomorrow. My life intervenes and it usually puts a damper on my cleaning/organizing mood. Despite how it may seem I do have a job that I am required to be at and other activities and obligations that take me away from organizing and cleaning (besides who wants to organize and clean every moment of the day?!?). But all those things interrupt my mood. My mood becomes a slump. A slump that is hard to pull myself out of.

I'm in a slump. Surrounded by piles of stuff: garage sale items to sort, piles of stuff in need to go through, Christmas decorations to be stored. I don't even want to think about my kitchen right now. Let's just say the dishes are not piling up and leave it at that.

Tomorrow is coming and I'm hope one of my moods is coming on . . .

1 comment:

  1. I like the new picture on your blog title. Also Phil 4:13. I don't think I need to write it out for you. Maybe that will keep your spirits up.

    ReplyDelete