(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Surprise

Today turned out to be surprising. I was expecting the entire day to be horrible because I started the day out behind.

I woke up at 10:40 (according to my alarm clock). This is about 40 minutes past the time I am supposed to be at work.

So I rushed through my morning prep. I was feeling a little droopy because I had slept too long. I glanced at the clock when I walked into the kitchen -- 10:05 (huge weight lifted off my shoulders). My kitchen clock is about 4 minutes fast -- ironically, to help avoid being late -- so I was only 15 minutes late for work.

Thankfully, I didn't have to open today.

Anyway, usually days that start out like today are horrible from beginning to end. Not so in this case. Besides making up the time at work I missed by being late I:
  • talked to my mom for a bit (twice actually -- once in person and once on the phone)
  • talked to the sister (I heart instant messaging)
  • got everything I had on my list for today completed
Not too bad after such a poor start!

No comments:

Post a Comment