(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Monday, February 2, 2009

Conviction

I really enjoy teaching Sunday School. I like to hear the thoughts and ideas that run through the brains of 4th through 6th graders. I like what they have to teach me -- the perspective they lend. I like the questions they ask -- questions I would never think of.

The curriculum I teach from is really fun. It puts the students in the role of detectives searching in the Word of God.

I read through yesterday's lesson before class and was ready with my visuals, worksheets, and Scripture markers. And thought it would be a great lesson for the kids: teaching from Proverbs 6:6-11.

The passage compares an ant and a sluggard.

An ant works consistently to gather and store food for the winter. While a sluggard uses excuses and procrastination (uh, here & here) to avoid work.

It is funny how something can have a completely different meaning when you speak it aloud.

I think I learned more yesterday than my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment