(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wings like eagles

I recently posted some of my favorite scripture passages -- I think it was last week's 5 things Friday post. I really hesitated on doing that because my favorite scripture passages change depending on my life situation, my devotions, etc. But I figured I could always post my new favorites.

Anyway, this has been one of my favorites off and on. A passage that encourages me and challenges me:
Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. (Isaiah 40:31)
For some reason when I think of this verse I also think of hobbits and eagles. In the Lord of the Ring the eagles help out the hobbits -- give them a lift when they think everything is almost lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment