(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The end is near

Tonight is Awana night. As I was sitting here thinking about this, I realized we only have about 7 nights left of Awana. That seems so short a time.

I will go fast too. One night is the Grand Prix Pinewood Derby -- so the kids will be racing the cars they have made during club. And the last night is Awards Night -- the kids will get their book and end of the year awards.

It seems like just last month we were starting club.

I am told -- by the wise women who go before me -- that as I get older time will seem to go faster and faster.

Every once in a while -- like today -- I think about when I was a kid and it seemed like the last day of school lasted for an eternity.

Or the days seemed to multiply just before my birthday, a holiday, or special occasion. I'm sure I said, ''but that's forever from now" more than once.

Wouldn't it be nice to feel that way every once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment