(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Storms

After work today, I went out to my grandparents house to do a couple things and they had their scanner on -- a receiver that picks up all radio traffic including emergency services, weather services, etc.

A tornado had touched down in a small town about 45 minutes away. (Near where I drove through last night.)

When driving back into town , I had to drive a little slower in some places because some the of the streets had an inch or two of water on them.

Then it started pouring.

And when I say pouring I mean water was dumping from the sky for about 15 minutes. I got soaked even with the umbrella.

The tornado warning sirens went off but there was no tornado in town, in fact it was only a little breezy not too bad.

But there are a couple more storms coming through tonight and tomorrow. We never know what may happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment