(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Friday, August 14, 2009

Sports fan?!?

I'm not athletic. At all.

I dislike running. I don't care for sweat all that much. I find watching most sports boring. A game of golf is naptime for me.

I do enjoy the occasional game of volleyball -- despite my painfully poor skill at it.

One sport I do enjoy watching is football.

The thing about me and football is I have no particular team or player I consistently root for. I think this tends to drive the brother and sister a little crazy, when they care. :-)

I root for the underdog sometimes; sometimes I root for someone I think needs a little rooting for that week.

I know I'm bizarre.

Fortunately, I found an outlet for my bizarre behavior -- fantasy football.

If you don't know anything about fantasy games. The are basically a way for participants to create their fantasy team. The team makes points based on the performance of the players each week in their respective games. So I can cheer for a two players who are playing against each other and NOT be considered bizarre. Validation!

The past couple years I have played in a fantasy football league. The first year I was in one with the brother & the sister and a bunch of people we didn't know. I can't even remember where I placed. But I know I accomplished my goal -- not to finish last.

Last year I was in a league with the brother and a bunch of people he knows. All guys. Sadly, I did very poorly (although I didn't finish last) -- I blame it all on Tom Brady, poor guy.

This year my goal is to finish in the middle of the field or better.

Much to my surprise, today this blog was the Blogger of Note. I learned more from this blog in 5 minutes than I have from the brother in three years! I think it is a male/female perspective thing.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention your propensity to root for the team with the "cutest" quarterback.

    ReplyDelete