(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's up with that?

A week ago today I was sitting in my living room at ten o'clock in the evening -- with all the windows wide open and as many fans going as possible -- sweating because it was so hot and humid.

Tonight, I am sitting in my living room in sweatpants and a sweatshirt with a quilt covering my lap, most of the windows closed and absolutely NO fans on. It was only in the sixties today . . .

What's up with that?

Last week, during all that heat and humidity, I timed how long it took the ice to melt in my water glass (you would think I have too much time on my hands . . .):

Right out of the freezer:


Five minutes:

Ten minutes:

Fifteen minutes . . . and gone:

No comments:

Post a Comment