(blĕs'ĭng) n. Something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity; a boon

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A refreshing slice

I have been drinking a lot of water lately -- it has been so hot. I like a little flavor to my beverages but juice and soda are expensive (and sugary) so I have been adding a slice of lime or lemon along with ice to my glass.

Unfortunately, my lemon (or lime) would go bad quickly. My mom came up with a solution:

Slice the lime(s) and/or lemon(s) and put them on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer until the slices are slightly frozen. Remove the limes/lemons from the cookie sheet, put them in a freezer bag and return to the freezer.

Simply pull out a slice (or two) when you want a refreshing drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment